Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Challenge #247 and New Stencils Gel Printed

Challenge #247 - African Artist by Tina-Akua Hunziker

This week's challenge (here) was to use Tina's tangle "African Artist".  I had to keep looking at the step-by-step instructions to make sure I got it.  Even so, I messed up on this one, but decided to post the first attempt, anyway.

I also am not that thrilled with the tile; it feels very heavy to me.  Oh well... better luck next time :).  I did enjoy the tangle after a while, and am definitely going to try it in different ways to see if it doesn't feel so heavy.


New Stencils Gel Printed

You might have seen the stencil I designed and cut last week; I decided to do another one this week and then try both on the gel plate.

I had a lot of fun with them, and took a lot more prints than I had intended.  Isn't that always the case with the gel plate?  It is for me as I keep thinking "what if" I did this or that, and next thing you know I have prints all over the place :).

Here are some of the prints:
Stencil designed and cut last week

New stencil drawn and cut this week




6 comments:

  1. Those stencils are fantastic! I love the bold lines of your tile and that delicate flourish in the corner balances it all out so beautifully;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you really are too hard on yourself. Look at this tile after a day, what do you think then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You shaded beautifully to define the different areas of this tile. I don't always like what I do, but post anyway. Tiles sometimes just draw themselves. It's not the final result that matters in any case. Just as long as you relaxed and enjoyed. What fun gelli prints too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tile looks very nice to me.

    ReplyDelete